Monday, September 16, 2013

1960's room divider: geometric chic

Lately, I've become obsessed with 1960's wood screens, used as room dividers, like the one used on the set of Mad Men in Pete Campbell's NYC apartment:




Alas.  I found a SPITTING IMAGE of this screen, found by an interior designer.  This piece was on Craigslist for a steal at $200, and the woman selling it told me it had been cut out of a 1960's home with a saw.  It would need some work... the edges were raw due to the removal.


My sister loved it.  She decided it would not only look PERFECT in my girlfriend and my new apartment, but would be the perfect backdrop to get married in front of.  2-for-1.

So, after about 20 hours of patching, cleaning, sanding, and constructing a wood frame, my dad has restored the piece to its original geometric glory.  Here is how it looks now:



1 comment: